Our environment says a lot about our individuality: who we are and what we are like. The house we live in, the car we drive, the pets we take care and the furniture we select for our houses mostly indicates the kind of person we are. From the sofa to the dining table we eat, it reflects our style and uniqueness. Why many find it irrational, a person who seeks comfort in their lifestyle is meticulous with the things they place inside their homes.
Comfort at its Best
Sofa is one of the most important pieces inside a house. It is where we settle to rest after a day’s work. It is also where we sit when we watch movie or television shows with families or friends. It provides us comforts especially after retiring from a long day at work. A good sofa enables us to relax our body thereby promoting relaxation of our mind. In the same manner, dining chairs helps in maintaining a healthy body. It supports our back when we are in sitting position particularly during meal time. Keeping a good posture doesn’t just prevent us from acquiring back injuries. It also helps us achieve mental calmness thereby preventing us from acquiring stress.
There are many different designs of chairs and sofas. Like us, they can be contemporary or old-fashioned, spiritual or irreverent, formal, semi-formal, huge, small, stylish, or even absolutely shabby! They usually have exciting backgrounds, indicate their periods, and often influence their successors to embody their characteristics.
Nowadays, choosing a sofa is essential. Traditional shades such as browns and beiges are no longer desired. For people who wish to make statement, they buy chairs and sofas with vibrant color. People no longer recognize boundaries in terms of style, colour and even pattern.
Below are some helpful tips for mixing and matching style of Chairs and Sofa.
- Try combining two different styles that complements each other. For example stripes may be integrated with floral designs in order to produce an artistic approach to your furniture.
- Choose a sofa that matches the style of your decors. If you’re a person who owns a lot of traditional items, try those with cleaner lines, fewer flourishes and understated upholstery.
- Consider the space of the area where the sofa will be placed. You do not want your sofa to be the only furniture you’ll see in the living room.
- When mixing and matching furniture style, it is essential to stick to a complementary color family. For example, you have a dark maroon sofa, a taupe chair or a forest green love seat might look lovely next to the sofa.
- Accessorize by adding pieces of other furniture that matches your chairs and sofas such throw pillows.
- Consult an expert to be certain that you won’t end up regretting what you bought.